Wednesday, April 15, 2009

EDC Team - Kristin Anderson

It's taken me longer than expected to start our Meet the Team posts and I thought I should start with myself, since I am the keeper of the blog! This is me in the cold weather from my 2009 trip to South America & Antartica

Ushuaia 2009 where I was photo pro for a cruise group

I've been diving since about 1993 and moved to Coral Bay on the Ningaloo Reef in 1996, when my husband (you'll meet Dave soon), his brother and I bought the business. In 1999 Dave and I moved to Exmouth and have been living and diving here ever since. I can't imagine living any place else than the Ningaloo Reef right now - I love it!

I am an underwater photography addict and almost never go under without at least one camera. I am also a professional land photographer and run Kristin Anderson Photography as well Exmouth Diving Centre.


Photo courtesy of Ross Gudgeon

Most of my dive shop time is spent answering your emails and helping visitors choose equipment, souvenirs, courses and tours. I don't get to head out on the boats to guide very often, but I do sneak out now and then for a fun dive or two! I also teach the following specialty courses: Underwater Photography, Underwater Videography and my two PADI Distinctive Specialties Whale Shark Interaction & Mantas of Ningaloo.

Most of my diving has been on the Ningaloo Reef from both Coral Bay and Exmouth. I've also been fortunate enough to get under the sea at the Cocos/Keeling Islands, Cozumel, Florida Keys, Perth, Rottnest, Great Barrier Reef & Coral Sea and Wakatobi. Wakatobi was such a big trip for me that the trip report is in five parts: Underwater I, Underwater II, Underwater III, Land I, Land II

It's hard for me to pick a favourite dive site because we have such an amazing variety of reef structures and creatures here. Some of my favourites are our "secret" sites in Exmouth Gulf because there are always funky nudibranchs and cool fish that we don't often see other places. Blizzard Ridge is probably my favourite Lighthouse Bay dive site because no matter what the conditions, it is always incredibly active.

When I'm not diving or working, I'm spending time with my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks - Dora & MatildaLily. Hitting the beach for a romp or a fish with hubby is the best way to spend time off!

Me with the Goof-meister Tilly

No comments:

Post a Comment